Requirements for admission
The following aspects of your application will be checked out by the academic assessors.
1. Academic record
BSc degree level (i.e. 180 ECTS) or equivalent, in physics, optics, imaging science, computer science or mathematics. International students have to hold a graduate diploma equivalent of a graduate level of 180 ECTS in the European system. The applicant is required to have some background in computer science.
Excellence of the applicant:
The applicant must have at least a C average on ECTS grading scale, or equivalent, during their undergraduate studies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECTS_grading_scale).
The ITXR team reserves the right to moderate this criterion according to the prestige of the diploma or the ranking of the University of Origin.
The students are expected to master the following topics
- Fundamental calculus including trigonometric functions, logarithms and the exponential function
- Fundamental linear algebra
- Fundamental complex calculus including the complex exponential function
Language ability: Teaching and examination being given in English, the candidate must demonstrate sound knowledge of the language (the requirement for competence in English is equivalent to TOEFL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOEFL) with at least 213 points (computer based)/550 points (paper based)/82 points Internet based or IELTS at grade 6.5, or a Cambridge Proficiency Certificate of English at least grade C). A letter from your University will be accepted if the English language was the medium of teaching throughout your degree.
Knowledge of French is not compulsory but would be beneficial.
Describe your motivation to undertake the Master and relevance to your professional development. Explain why you apply, your present situation, your interest in the degree, your ideas of research, and your intentions after this degree. Do not overlook your motivation statement since it is an integrant part of your application file.
4. Gender equality
Beyond these three main criteria, and provided that the qualification and the quality of candidates is identical, the consortium will have a particular attention to the principle of gender equality in cooperating with the national and European organizations in charge of helping and counselling the higher education institutions toward gender equality in the student, academic and research communities.
1 . The following documents will be required for each application:
- The ITXR application should be completed with all information requested. The application is to submitted through our online application system at https://international-sciencemasters.univ-st-etienne.fr/login
- A Curriculum Vitae (written in English) stating the main personal information (birth name, birth date, citizenship, address, …) the studies since high school (degrees, institutions, grades) as well as any professional experience and any other relevant information.
- A dated and signed personal motivation statement, written in English, describing the reasons for application to the Master ITXR
- Copies of transcripts or other academic records that give proof on the undergraduate and first graduate studies, including credits and grades achieved in each single subject. Documents from outside France must be either in English or in original language accompanied by a certified English translation. Depending on the home countries, applicants may be asked to provide Certificates of Authenticity issued by recognized diplomatic or administrative authorities.
- Two dated and signed letters of recommendation (written in English).
- A certificate of English language proficiency or a letter from your University as explained above.
- A copy of your valid passport (non EU applicants) or identity card (EU applicants only) (validity should be extended to at least six months after the end of the two-year Master programme)
- For non EU applicant only: an extract of your birth certificate translated in English or French.
2 . Selection, examination criteria and results
The ITXR team checks all documents against admission requirements and all complete applications are assessed.
Applications are evaluated by each academic coordinator, grading each criterion (academic record, language ability, motivation)for each application from 0 to 5 (5 Excellent, 4 Very good, 3 Good, 2 Satisfactory, 1 Sufficient, 0 Insufficient).
After ranking the applications and establishing the final list, each student is informed shortly afterwards by email of the outcome of the selection. A reserve list is also established in case of cancellation and relevant students are informed by email.
Application deadlines and submission
Send your application through the online system at https://international-sciencemasters.univ-st-etienne.fr/login
Deadline for non-EU applicants: 15/05/2020, 11.00pm (UTC time)
Deadline for EU applicants: 15/06/2020, 11.00pm (UTC time)
Procedure and dates
Successful applicants are notified of the outcome of their application by email (Ineligible applicants for administrative issues or weak academic background are notified along the way, at the time of the selection committee review) – usually within 10 business days.
Notification of the selection outcome = From 15/11/2019 to 15/05/2020 (for Non-European students) or to 15/06/2020 (for European students)
Prepare your stay in France = from 15/06/2020 (Successful applicants are encouraged to immediately prepare their stay in France, and notably immigration process)
Student agreement signature = 31/08/2020 (Effective enrolment of successful applicant is subject of conclusion and signing of a student agreement between the student and ITXR programme providing for rights and obligation of both parties).
The faculty office and staff provide supporting documents and updated information about the visa process for the first incoming mobility from outside the EU and the intra-EU course mobility. Personal support is given when the procedure is proving too long in particular cases.
Submit application (step by step)
- Go to https://international-sciencemasters.univ-st-etienne.fr/login;
- You need first to register with a valid email address. Indicate an email address you check regularly, we’ll use it to follow-up on your application later on.
- Upon registration, you should have received a confirmation email. Check your spam folder if you do not see it. Do not answer to this email.
- You can now login. Click on Master ITXR (Imaging Technologies for eXtended Reality) “apply” button.
- You’ll have first to complete a quick profile;
- Fill in the fields and upload your documents;
- You should receive an acknowledgement of receipt once your on-line application is successfully submitted. Check your spam folder if you do not see it. Do not answer to this email.
If you need assistance for submitting the application, or have questions about the master program, contact master.ITXR@univ-st-etienne.fr