You’ve been selected to the ITXR Master’s degree! Congrats!
So what the next steps until your very first day as a ITXR student? How to get ready on time to go to France in the city of Saint Etienne where the University Jean Monnet is located, where you’ll spend a full academic year? Here are the 10 steps you need to take:
#1. read about available housing options and banking services
#2. fill in and send back your Letter of commitment
You need to officially commit to the Programme by completing a Letter of commitment. Go to form (TBA).
#3. receive your letter of admission / certificate of residence
The Consortium will send you, upon reception of your letter of commitment and, subject to demonstrated evidence of financial means:
- a scan of your certificate of admission, signed by all hosting institutions, stating the precise dates of the Programme mobility scheme and, if applicable, the scholarship you’re entitled to that will serve supporting all visa applications you’ll need to undertake during theProgramme, and
- a certificate of residence, document you’ll need to apply to a French long-stay student visa.
#4. apply for a visa
Please visit this webpage to know more about visa procedure and guidelines.
#5. book a flight
We don’t have partnerships with travel agencies; flight booking and travel arrangement are your own responsibility. We advise you to book your flight ticket as early as possible. A return ticket is always cheaper than a single one: think ahead if you wish to go back home for the winter break or if you will only return during the summer break. You can book a flight to the cities of Paris or Lyon depending on the best fare you can get, both destinations being equally convenient to come to Saint Etienne. Please plan an arrival in France on the 30th of August 2020.
#6. prepare documentation you’ll need during your study
Visit this page to know what documentation you should prepare before departure.
#7. prepare your travel to Saint Etienne
You can find here some travel info to come to Saint Etienne.
#8. join the “Inception week”
The first week of your arrival will be used to wrap-up administrative issues and to let you get familiar with the Univeristy Jean Monnet and the city. We gather all international students of the Faculty of Science and Technology, an opportunity to meet other students.
inception week for 2020/2022 intake is planned from 31th august to the 5th of September.
- Administrative and academic enrollment at the university
- Subscription to a compulsory French health insurance
- Presentations of the Master Degree, meeting with the administrative and academic staff of the Master and International Office staff
- Application to residence permit
- Application to housing allowance
- Settling of housing paperwork, contract of a housing insurance
- Meeting with our banking partner to officially open your bank account and be introduced to services, questions for account management and visa card delivery (plan 10 € cash of deposit to activate your account and bring your passport).
- Tips for living in France: buying a SIM card, info on cultural / sport activities…
- Welcoming activities; lunch, sports, reception to the city hall…
A detailed agenda will be published nearer the time.
#9. keep yourself informed on next administrative steps
Please visit this page for info and resources on administrative steps you’ll undertake during your stay in University Jean Monnet.